Friday, June 14, 2013

Hang Loose Preview - Aloha Honu set

Happy Aloha Friday everyone & Happy Flag Day!!

Today is the last day of previews for the new Hang Loose series.  We hope you've enjoyed them as much as we've enjoyed sharing them with you.  For our last preview showcase I am going to share our beautiful Aloha Honu set.  If you are unfamiliar with the term honu, it is the Hawaiian word for turtle.  When I think of Hawaii I think not only of good food, beautiful people, breathtaking beaches, but I also think of cute sea turtles.  We asked our awesome illustrator to create some beautiful honu for this release and she did not disappoint. This set includes 5 stamps.  Two beautiful sea honu, one sentiment and two lotus flowers (designed by our very own Renate' Winter).  We know that most of you will have so much fun with this set, just as we all have.

As with the Tiki set, these are another set of stamps that are not scroll-cut or indexed as our usual stamps are, however they are still of the best quality, you will just have to work a little bit harder to stamp with them.


Well what do you think?  I have a feeling this is going to be a fun set of stamps to play with.  Below are samples from Eva, Denice and myself created just for today's preview, as you scroll through think of the Little Mermaid song, "Under the Sea" because that is truly what some of these are, under the sea... (LOL):

Eva created this beautiful shaker card featuring a wonderful underwater scene with ALL the stamps: 

This is something I could definitely picture seeing IRL.  A beautiful use of all the stamps! 
Gorgeous card Eva!!

Next up is Denice with this awesome display featuring the Lotus Flowers
(Also shown are Summer Chuckles & The Hang Loose retro icons)

Oh yea! This is sooo cool!! Denice really knows how to showcase the images.  This is awesome!!

Leanne used a combination of Honu #1 and the Aloha sentiment:

Leanne also made a washi tape shaker card with Honu #2 and the Lotus flowers:


Hehehe pretty cool yea?  We thought these were the perfect ending to a week long preview.  We hope you've enjoyed our showcase.

If you'd like to win this stamp set:
1. Leave us a comment here and on any of the featured DT blogs, if the DT member does not have anything posted on their blog don't worry just leave a comment on the ones that do.
2. Become a follower of our blog (if you already aren't)
3. Link up below

If we reach a minimum of 25 links or more we'll gift-a-way 1 Aloha Honu stamp set to one of you lucky crafters.  To make sure we reach that number share this direct link post on your blog, Facebook, with your friends and family.  The collection will close on Sunday, June 16th at 10:00am pst and IF we reach 25 links or over the winner will be announced on Monday.

Mahalo for stopping by and don't forget release day is tomorrow that means the stamps will be in the store!!

Until then... Aloooohaaa!!

"\mn/"
Y&FH DT

8 comments:

cebelica said...

I have a confession to make ... I love cartoons (I'm a big kid lol). My by far favourite is Lilo and Stitch (I looooove Stitch <3) and Finding Nemo is not that far behind either. And this release reminded me of these two cartoons!!! I think I know what I will be watching over the weekend. lol Amazing release with lots of fun and beautiful stamps. I'm sure they will be flying out of the store! :)

Blankina said...

Wow ladies, what a pretty stamps again and LOVE LOVE LOVE what you have made..
So sorry do not have time to hop today.

HUgs Blankina

She's a Color Queen said...

Another cool stamp!! I'm saving my pennies so I can get the new ones. I love what the designers did with these too!

mimi said...

I love honu stamps so this is so awesome! Love it!

Stephanie said...

Those turtles are so pretty!! just love them!

CarlavdM said...

What a wonderful Honu-stamps.
You surely made some ownderful new stamps.
Wonderful card toooo.

Anita said...

Love this new set and the dt cards are amazing!

Stephanie R/S said...

I luv turtles great release