Thursday, August 22, 2013

Door hanger tutorial by Cebelica

Hi there! Cebelica here today. I'm really happy you stopped by our blog today and I hope you will like the project I'm about to share with you. I decided to make a door hanger tutorial.

For starters let's check what you will need ...


So, as you can see you will need  piece of white cardstock and some design papers of your choice, scalloped circle and circle dies, your favourite Yumi and Fumi Handmade stamp (I used Yumi) and some embellishments of your choice.

First thing you will need to do is to cut your papers. I used a 10 x 20 cm white cardstock as a base then I cut each layer 5 cm smaller. I also distressed the edges with my scissors and TH distress ink, but that's optional. You should end up with something like this.


Then glue the papers together. You can use the "normal" glue, but I prefer to use sticky tape.


Once you've done this, take your scalloped circle die to cut a scalloped circle from a piece of paper and glue it on top (in the middle) of your door hanger base.


Now place your door hanger base on your cutting machine and put the circle die on the scalloped circle. Like this ...


And here's what you will end up with ...


Voila, your door hanger base is complete. Now you just need to decorate it however you want. :) Here's what mine turned out ...


I hope you like it and that you will give this a try. Also, don't forget about the photo inspiration challenge. We'd love to see your creations so we hope you will come and play with us. :) And remember, even though we'd loooooove seeing your creations using Yumi and Fumi stamps, it's not a requirement to use them to enter the challenge.

Hugs! xx

7 comments:

Leanne said...

Cebelica!!!! This is soo cute! Way to dress up any door! I can't wait to try it out!!! Great job!!
;)
xx

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Love this door hanger. Super cute and a fun design!

Blankina said...

Great tutorial..will pin this!!
Hugs Blankina

kanatanewf said...

Very cute door hanger, Cebelica. A lovely combination of papers and embellishments. Yumi looks like she is ready to welcome visitors!

Denice said...

I love this and am converting all measurements to standard measurements....I have plans for this tutorial!!

She's a Color Queen said...

So cute!

cebelica said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments ladies! Hugs! xx