Thursday, October 3, 2013

No Black Lines Tut.

Good Thursday morning, everybody! It's Corinne, and it's my turn to show you the no-lines coloring tutorial! It's super fun to do, but also kinda difficult (at first)! You just take those black lines for granted, don't ya? I love how it looks like a painting in the end, but boy, it's quite challenging!

IMG_9436

Summer Yumi is featured here, and although it is already Fall, I'm trying to get the most out of this flipflop wearing beauty!

The first thing you have to do is get a light colored ink to stamp with.  I chose Malted Milk from Ranger's Jenni Bowlin series.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

IMG_9420

Just stamp the image as usual, making sure you've got plenty of light in the room. 

IMG_9421

Go ahead and apply color as if you were coloring the image.  Make sure you add the usual shadows and shadings. 

IMG_9422

For example, I gave her eye lids, a contoured face, and full cheeks. 

IMG_9423

Blend really well.  If you have to, go ahead and keep an image of the black line version close at hand so you know where to put the colors next. 

IMG_9424

For me, the most difficult part of the no-lines coloring method is doing the hair.  

IMG_9426

I could never get the shadows and highlights done exactly to my liking.

IMG_9429

I also like to add a bit of "make-up" as eyeshadow. 

IMG_9430

Then, do the rest of the body parts, making sure you keep in mind where your light source is. 

IMG_9431

Finish up the clothing and details and voila! 

IMG_9433

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.  It's always refreshing to try something new :). 

IMG_9437

Have a wonderful day!

Corinne
Team Yumi

4 comments:

Blankina said...

Great job!!
Thanks for sharing,
Hugs Blankina

Denice said...

What a great tutorial! I've tried the no-line coloring before with little success....your helpful hints have me thinking I should try it again. TFS your gorgeous card with us!!

Leanne said...

Great tutorial! I tried this technique once and it took me forever to finish it. You're also making me think I need to break out and give it another go. TFS Corinne!
^.^

RiNNE said...

Thanks for the lovely comments, ladies!